KENNEWICK, Wash. - More than 70,000 people are expected to attend this year's boat races and organizers want you to know there are several ways to get to and from the park.
IF YOU'RE DRIVING:
- Enter park from three entrances (Fruitland Avenue, Highway 240 & Edison St.)
- Parking is $5 on Friday and Saturday, $10 on Sunday
- Ben-Franklin Transit will have shuttles leaving hourly on Saturday and Sunday from the Knight Station in Richland and the Huntington Station in Kennewick
- Fare is $1.50 each way or $4.00 each way for a family up to five
- Taxi service will be available
- Designated drivers are highly encouraged
- Drop-off zones for these services will be at the center of the park off the Highway 240 exit.
PARK & TRAIL CLOSURES:
- Wade Park Road from Road 34 to Road 60 in Pasco will be closed Saturday and Sunday
- Columbia Park will be closed from the Blue Bridge to Edison Street in Kennewick beginning Thursday at 6:00 p.m. through Sunday at 6:00 p.m.