KENNEWICK, Wash.- Kennewick firefighters are investigating a second story house fire on South Jean Street.
It happened around four this afternoon.
One of the residents came home to find the house filled with smoke.
They realized the smoke was coming from one of the upstairs bedrooms and immediately called 9-1-1.
Firefighters quickly contained the fire and prevented it from spreading to the rest of the house.
Kennewick Deputy Fire Chief Marvin Leonard said, "The resident's daughter came home to check on something and when she got here, she smelled some smoke, when upstairs and opened a bedroom door and found the room full of smoke. She closed the door and left the house to call 9-1-1."
N one was injured in the fire and only the upstairs bedroom was damaged.