Sales & Marketing Internship
This internship provides students the opportunity to gain experience related to Sales/Marketing in the television broadcasting arena. Interns will have the opportunity to be involved in the following activities:
- Assist the sales staff by gathering and organizing sales leads from various
- Assist the sales staff by making out bound telemarketing calls for appointments for our VIP
- Assist in coordinating marketing projects like on-air and online contests,
casting calls, and other special events.
- Participate in scheduled marketing events as well as creative brainstorming
sessions for new sales/marketing opportunities.
- The intern may also be given the opportunity to observe or assist with
commercial production projects.
- He/she may be given the opportunity to work on the creation of sales or
marketing materials for the sales staff.
- The Sales/Marketing Intern will also be responsible for researching
information for the Sales/Marketing Departments.
- May have the opportunity to be involved in some commercial, promotional
Must be proficient using MS Office applications. Experience using Adobe Photoshop is a plus. Hours will include some weekends and evenings in order to organize and participate in off-site events.
Creative Services Internship
Student interns participating in this internship will have the opportunity to be involved in the following activities related to Creative Services:
- Editing (topicals) and other on-air/web materials as assigned
- Assisting in CS shoots (production assistant, pre-production, talent releases,
etc. as well as casting call assistance)
- Shooting, writing, editing web diaries of station events
- Web and Social Media posting updates (with guidance)
- Outside station events staffing/booth set-up (especially for spring/summer
- Other duties as they arise.
Community Affairs/Programming Internship
This internship provides student interns the opportunity to gain experience in Community Affairs and Local
Programming. Intern responsibilities may include the following activities:
- Production Assistant for our weekly High School Sports program
- Write scripts for weekly Community Calendars
- Research and write community events for web sites
- Write website community content
- Possible on-camera work for PSA’s or High School Sports programs
- Production Assistant on Community Affairs EFP’s (as needed)
- Write PSA’s and assist with PSA production (as needed)
- Research potential topics for future programs or PSA’s
- Assist during station-sponsored Community Events (as needed)
- DVD dubbing (as needed)
Equal Employment Opportunities
KAYU FOX 28 is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. If your community group or organization disseminates employment information to its members or to the general public, and you would like to be notified for each full-time opening at KAYU, please send your organization’s name, mailing address, phone and fax numbers, contact person’s name, and the contact’s email address to Cassandra Benefield at email@example.com. If you only want to receive notices for specific categories of employment, please list those in the email.